HJDS Travel Group

Tag: passport

Things You Need To Know About Passport Replacement

by on Oct.07, 2010, under Travel

Everyone knows that to get a new passport, one has to make a personal appearance at a passport agency. But in some cases, you can simply apply for replacement by mail. If you were of legal age by the time the passport was issued, finding ways to replace it may be as simple as applying for replacement by mail.

When you think about getting your passport replaced, you must think about having your new passport on hand. Most people need to replace a passport sooner or later, but the need to do so is greater if your old passport has been lost. Apply for replacement at once if you have recently been robbed at home and your passport was among the things that have been taken. You may not realize it but you need your passport for various purposes, not just traveling. One example is identification. Your passport can serve as a valid ID.

If your passport is damaged in any way, you should apply for replacement soon. A damaged passport is no different from one that is tampered with. So, regularly check if your passport is still in good condition. In particular, you must look and see if your passport has enough back pages to accommodate other travel plans. There are separate application forms you need to fill out if you simply need to add pages to your passport. But the rule of thumb is that you should replace your passport if it looks too shabby.

You may need to replace your passport in person if it is not current. While definitions of what is current and what is not may vary, a current passport usually means it was issued within 15 years in the past. if you’ve somehow lost track of your passport’s relevance, you should look into this.

You should definitely replace your passport if you changed name recently, like when you get married or remarry. If you have a legal documentation of your name change, you can skip going to the passport office and simply apply for renewal by mail.

Visit this website for more information today: Passport Replacement Lost Passport

Related Blogs

Leave a Comment :, more...

The Problem Of Sex Offenders Using United States Passports

by on Jul.30, 2010, under Travel

There are few documents that hold the importance and privilege as a new passport . In fact, it is such a valuable document that many feel a person who has been convicted of a sex crime should not be permitted to obtain one. You may not be aware that out of the sixteen million passports that were issued in 2008, 4,500 of them were issued to registered sex offenders who had been released from jail.

First, it’s important to understand the definition of, “sex offender.” This is an incredibly broad term that covers many different degrees and types of criminal activity. Everything from the guy who relieved himself outside of a bar caught for indecent exposure to convicted pedophiles and rapists is covered by this phrase. The United States Department of State grants passports to any of these cases, except for those specifically guilty of sex tourism. While it seems unfair to tag the indecent exposure case with the same title as the cases involving sexual abuse of children, some say it’s difficult to draw the line.

Some people feel this right should not be restricted hoping the sex offender will commit their crime in a foreign country where the penalties are much more severe than here in the United States. This opinion holds to the idea that once the debt is paid, they should be allowed to travel as much as they please and if they are caught in another country committing a crime, perhaps the harsh punishment will finally teach them a lesson.

There are probably as many different opinions on the subject as the people you ask. There are those who feel that once you have been convicted and served your time in jail or prison, there should be no more restrictions added after release and denial of a passport is certainly a restriction. It restricts international travel. If your term has been served, many feel that should be enough and a person should be allowed to get back into society and live like a regular person who does not have crimes like these to his or her credit.

One important detail to note is that there are very few restrictions on those who can get passports. For one, those lacking the proper American passport requirements can’t, those who owe a certain amount of child support money can’t, and drug traffickers, sex tourists, and the imprisoned can’t. However, this excludes those who have been released from jail, and this group of people can possibly include murderers, thieves, and other perpetrators.

Should the American passport requirements be made even stricter or should they be relaxed in these cases? It is imperative to realize how important U S passport is and the privileges it provides.

Related Blogs

    Leave a Comment :, , , , , , , , , , , more...

    Child’s Passport: Request One Before You Really Need It

    by on Jun.30, 2010, under Travel

    If you have a child for whom you need to acquire a minors passport, it is important to know what the regulations are regarding this. Children of any age, even newborns, must have their own passports. In addition, for children of the age 16 and 17, there are additional requirements.

    Children under the age of 16 must apply for their passports in person, accompanied by both of their parents/guardians. Proof of U.S. Citizenship must be supplied and will be returned. Acceptable proof includes a previous and undamaged U.S. Passport, official proof of birth or citizenship in the U.S. A social security number must also be provided.

    The accompanying parents or guardians need to prove the relationship they have to the child applicant. This proof may be in the form of a foreign or U.S. birth certificate, a decree of adoption, or a court order that establishes guardianship or custody.

    If any furnished documents are in another language, they must be translated. It can be formally or informally translated. Both original and English translation must be submitted with the passport application.

    Previous U.S. passports cannot be used as proof that parent and child are related. If one of the parents or guardians has had a name change since original documents were issued, proof of that legal name change must also be provided. An example of proof for a name change would be a certificate of marriage. Both parents or guardians must also show valid identification such as: a U.S. passport that is undamaged, a naturalization certificate, a government or military ID, or a driver’s license.

    For a minor below the age of 16 to get a passport, both parents must consent. Therefore, both must appear with the minor at the time of application. If both cannot appear, one must appear and sign the form in front of an agent while submitting the other parent’s Statement of Consent which has been notarized. Note that this must be consent form must be dated within the last three months.

    If only one parent has complete custody, this parent must appear with the minor and sign in front of an agent. This parent must then show proof of being sole authority over the child. Such proof can be the birth certificate, consular report of birth abroad or certificate of birth abroad showing only the one parent’s name. Other proof can be a court order, an adoption decree, an incompetence declaration of the other parent or a death certificate of the other parent.

    If need be, a third person may make the application for the child’s passport. Said person needs to appear with a statement from both of the parents or the guardians, which must be notarized. In the case of sole custody, proof should be supplied, as well.

    It is a smart idea to apply for the passport for a child before you really need it, as is the case with all American passports.

    Related Blogs

    Leave a Comment :, , , , , , , , , , , , more...

    Behind HJDS Travel Group Blog

    My name is Harry Delgado and I am a full time Internet and Small Business developer and marketer. Over 30 years in the Computer systems development, programming, hardware installations and support. Currently making a living from blogs like HJDS Computer Services , HJDS Investment Group and HJDS BlogBiz. You can connect with me via social media sites at Facebook - LinkedIn - Twitter - YouTube.