Safety is a very necessary aspect of snow boarding not only to avoid injury to yourself but also to ensure the safety of innocent bystanders. Snow boarding safety should be the prime concern for all snow boarders, because it is considered an extreme sport and therefore more dangerous than usual.
So, in the interests of safety for snow boarders and their spectators, I have put a number of safety tips together below.
The first thing to do is to verify the quality of the snow board. Look for damage and particularly cracks and splits. The board comes under a great deal of stress whilst in use and you do not need it to disintegrate when you are travelling at speed.
When inspecting the board, check that it is the correct size for you – in other words, is there adequate room for you to put your feet on it comfortably? Using the correct size board will allow you to exercise your skill without impediment.
After making certain that the snow board is suitable, you should make certain that you have the correct protective clothing. One obvious need is staying warm and another is being able to see where you are going. While you are travelling at high speeds, small flecks of snow and debris can become very painful and even blind you temporarily, so make certain that you are wearing protective goggles.
However, the goggles should be of a sufficient safety level, say, polycarbonate, and should also offer UV protection – UVa, UVb and UVc, if possible. Oakley make safety glasses and goggles of this type.
Make sure that your underwear is warm and then it will not matter very much what outer clothing you put on as long as it is waterproof and tear-resistant. Make certain that you are well padded, so that when you take that predestined fall, there is less chance of you breaking bones.
Next, ensure that your inner body is sufficiently maintained. Exercising in the snow and staying warm necessitates the expenditure of energy, so be certain that you have some. While it is not recommended that you eat heartily immediately before exercising for fear of cramps, you do have to have consumed something with calories in it and you should make certain that your body is adequately hydrated.
Think about taking some emergency supplies with you too. Snow boarding is a dangerous sport so it is easily possible that you could suffer a bad fall and have to wait for an emergency rescue, which can take a time and the weather could turn foul, so have some energy-rich chocolate and cereal bars on your person. You can eat snow to make water, but you may want to take a litre of water with you anyway.
And last, but not least, take a cell phone with you – one that has GPS, so that you can accurately phone your location to the rescue services if you have to.
- Nice Body Building Products photos | StylingOnLine
- Nice Body Building Machine photos | StylingOnLine
- does body building stops height from growing? | NYCPPL.COM
- Cool & Flirtatious Turquoise Plus Size Halter Swimdress by Beach …
- Creating Brand Awareness Through Corporate Clothing | Wholesale …
- Sport Fishing – June 2011 | 2011 World Dates
- Iranian Bushehr safe and secure – nuclear safety chief | U.S. News …
- Rugby Sevens increases interest in the sport | Philadelphia …
- NBC's Fall Schedule Revealed: Chuck's on the Move, 30 Rock Takes …
- Clothing That Earth Friendly » Technical Canyon
- Many Suggestions To Buying For Maternity Clothing » Technical Canyon
- These Hockey Safety Tips Prevent Serious Injuries On The Ice …
- Alabama Board of Nursing
- SPORT-RACE (Yahoo)
- Water Dance | Lyrics
- Numerous Ideas To Shopping For Maternity Clothing « LETS FIND OUT
- Cops were merely ensuring lawyer's safety, says police chief …
- Smooth Curves In Plus Size Shapewear – Free Articles Directory
- Bartolo Colon, Surgery, and Sample Size | FanGraphs Baseball
- Water crisis looms as project stalls | Eco-Business
Do you like to go camping? A lot of people do, especially those under forty or those with children. I am not converted that it is more male orientated than female, but it is a close call. It could be.
When you go camping, there will normally be a lot of planning done in advance and provisions and equipment will be purchased and laid out in readiness for the great trek, whether you drive to the hiking starting point or walk there from your front door. You will have a backpack, of course, food, clothing, a tent, sleeping bags or blankets and every other little thing you need, but will you take a camping chair?
Yes, you could sit on a fallen tree trunk or a log around the camp fire to talk and do your cooking. You could even sit on the soil or on a blanket, but have you ever stopped to think how heavy a canvas and aluminium framed camping chair really is? It weighs a pound or two and can hang off the outside of your rucksack or knapsack.
A camping chair can greatly enhance your camping holiday, whether you are going to a camping site or just wandering in nature, but probably even more so in the latter situation. If it is raining or has recently rained, logs, rocks and the soil will be damp. If there are lots of ants around, you will not want to sit on the ground anyway.
What about bugs and other creepy-crawlies? Or snakes even? The fact is that a camping chair does not take up much space, does not weigh much, but can provide a lot of comfort.
Of course, the more sophisticated the camping chair, the heavier it will be, but you not need much to feel good after a long hike, particularly if the weather was bad. A stool is better than nothing, but I would want something with a back to it; something like a canvas director’s chair the same as you see in movies.
Your camping chair can double as a table, if the weather is fine and you have other means to sit down. If you serve your food on your camping chair you will have fewer problems with ants and other insects. However, the best reason for taking a folding camping chair with you on a camping holiday, is the luxury of being able to take your boots off and lean back in your camping chair with your feet up when you have made camp. It may not be macho, but I like it.
Owen Jones, the writer of this piece, writes on many subjects, but is currently involved with recliner slip covers. If you are interested in a black recliner or any other type, please click through to our site.
- Holiday Traveler | ytlsf blog
- Tricycle » Deep Roots Need Good Soil
- Tie-Died – Grateful Dead Parking Lot Scene Documentary | The Ustur
- LOT-702 Training Tools « Microsoft Braindumps
- LOT-737 exam training « Microsoft Braindumps
- Holiday conference: Mobile Marketing Summit Sept. 2 – Mobile …
- Maui Weather Today » Hawaiian Islands weather details & Aloha …
- Social networking site set to change user interaction through …
- Raw Food Recipes – Baby Bok Choy Corn Cilantro Salad
- BP set to soil British Columbia after it's done with the Gulf …
- Holiday Rap – Holidays on the Net Holiday Blog » Blog Archive …
- Delta Golf Course – Great Value | Vancouver Golf Blog
- EU Asks India to Co-chair Anti-piracy Group | Vamban News
- The Open Championship 2010 British Golf Course | US Post Today.
- thejetsblog.com » Link: Camp Tours of the AFC East
- Studio 1801 » The Advantages of Canvas Print Art
- Weather Outlook – Tuesday, 13 July 2010 at 10:46 | ShetlandTimes.co.uk
- SF Site News » Obituary: James P. Hogan
- Dogs n Cats | Health n Food | Breeding n Training | Best Quality …
- Is Germany's Soccer Captain Michael Ballack's Camp Helping …
A small duffel bag is actually a lot more spacious that you would think. It can fit any sports gear, books, laptop, or clothes that you can throw at it. In these modern times, you will be bombarded by the plethora of duffel bags with different colors, styles and sizes. If you are a travel addict but wishes to travel light, you might be interested in he small duffel bag. Actually, the size of the luggage or bag you’re traveling with all depend on the stuff you are carrying.
The duffel bag is usually made from durable materials which will make it last a long time. The ideal material for duffel bags would be genuine leather as they can withstand the harsh beating, heat and cold of the avid traveler.
For travelers who only need a traveling bag for a few days trip, a small duffel bag is highly recommended. Unless you are planning to purchase a lot of souvenirs a long the way, a large duffel bag will only hamper your travels.
A small duffel bag can actually carry quite an amount of stuff, just like its bigger counterparts. It provides enough space for you to bring all your essentials along for your travels. It also features a lot of compartments and pockets so you can store all your smaller belongings like wallet, passport, bottled water etc.
The single reason why most travelers prefer small duffel bags to other bags or luggage is because it provides enough space to store all the essentials while still being small and light enough for a comfortable trip. Of course, if your traveling mantra is to bring your entire wardrobe along, a small duffel bag would be far from sufficient. It’s just a matter of choice.
If you haven’t checked the bag market for some time, why not take a look now and you will surely find plenty of new innovations in all kinds of bags including duffel bags.
- Travelling With Your Luggage Safely | Travel Plan Information
- Dunhill Brushed Aluminum Luggage | Selectism.com
- Tea Time | Front Porch Republic
- DJ UPDATE Washington Post 1st Stock To Trip New Circuit Breaker …
- Filson: Duffle Bag | Handsome Clothing Co.
- Stuff. – We Fly Spitfires – MMORPG Blog
- LOT-987 Preparation Materials – IT Certification Training
- Carnival of Space #158 | Universe Today
- Surf Trip Spawns Sustainable Shoe Startup – Indosole |
- Report — American Airlines charges Iraq-bound soldier a fee for …
- Duffel Bag | Tennis Equipment Online
- SSG / BSN Mesh Duffel Bags | Buy Cheap Team Sports
- Canada Trip
- Travel Gear Spectrum 4 Piece Spinner Luggage Set: Available In 2 …
- Site Devices » Stephen Colbert Joins the Battle Over the Word …
- Innovative Table Transforms To Save Space – PSFK
- Your Guitars!-Lick That Riff! <a href="http://www.survival-goods …
- Outdoor Products Mountain Duffel | Intercourse Video
- Plan a Trip with Google Maps | geo2web.com
- Free duffle bag, sunglasses, or watch from the Marines