It is not possible to mention the beauties of Havana without including The Cathedral Square. With its cobbled streets and beautiful facades it captivates visitors from all over the world.
Originally known as Plaza de la Cinaga (Swamp Square), and then named “Plaza de la Catedral”, it is a place that has much to do with the origins of the capital city, settled definitively on the 16th of November 1519 along the Puerto de Carenas (Havana’s harbour), or Baha de la Habana.
This square was named after a large Cathedral that was built in the 18th Century in the lands previously occupied by a Jesuit Order. Many restorations took place until this oratory became what today is one of the most impressive baroque buildings in Havana.
As an additional touch, since 1994, as an initiative of the tourist company Habaguanex S.A., its square holds dinners, official gatherings and for amusement too (chosen by important enterprises and agencies), related to travel and emblematic products such as the Habanos. The view is marvellous, to a very well preserved architecture, the cultural richness of the Cuban and the food-making in the restaurants in the surroundings.
Just few seconds walk you can find La Bodeguita del Medio, restaurant that together with El Floridita have become the most famous and emblematic restaurants not only in Cuba but also around the world. The specialty of the restaurant is the Cuban cuisine and its walls are engraved with autographs of numerous famous celebrities such as Ernest Hemingway, Mario Benedetti, Pablo Neruda or Errol Flyn and so many others.
The list of personalities that have visit this restaurant extends along decades now. Today tourists can enjoy not only the best Cuban food but also in its bar the best Mojito cocktails. There is always a crowd outside taking pictures or simply dancing to music played by a small band.
Since very early in the mornings the square becomes crowded with tourists who come to take pictures, visit the Cathedral or any of the palaces around it. After much wandering around you can seat at El Patio Restaurant whose tables are spread all over the square and enjoy the people passing by.
These places are almost sacred for a demanding tourist who is able to take pictures with his/her camera to take home after a truly amusing holidays. A Cuban feast for the senses. An environment to meditate and live. A perfect place for some leisure and dreaming.
- Photos: Restaurant – City Desk – Washington City Paper
- HD <a href="http://tvstrea.me/category/tv-shows">The Cleveland …
- <a href="http://tvstrea.me/category/tv-shows">Pretty Little Liars …
- Quick Look at Today's Free Amazon App: The Impossible Game
- href='http | fashion shoecrazydeal.com
- LLG Travels: Gokul Vegetarian Restaurant, Little India, Singapore
- In The News Today | JSMineset
- In The News Today | JSMineset
- Hotel Nacional De Cuba – A Classic With a Thousand Stories | Free …
- Dezeen » Blog Archive » Social Housing Tower in Plaza Europa by R+ …
- RHM Top Music Show 2010-130_20 – cambodianmtv
- RHM Top Music Show 2010-130_17 – cambodianmtv
- RHM Top Music Show 2010-130_16 – cambodianmtv
- Balloon Juice » Today in President Nelson
- Westminster Bridge Park Plaza Hotel / BUJ architects, Uri …
- Gilani visit is focus of Chinese and international media | AAJ News
- Latest update headline news | Credit-card business pushes Target …
- Village Board approves Grandpa's Place plan — Glenview news …
- Tourist Information – The Rumpus.net
- “Creating Incidents” in Cuba: America's Design to Trigger “Regime …